Treating Back Pain
Are you looking for a chiropractor in Concord or Harrisburg for your back pain? Many people suffer from back pain, and that is the unfortunate truth. Fortunately, there are ways to treat back pain instead of just coping with it. At Love Chiropractic Center, we provide a variety of treatments that target back pain. We have locations in Harrisburg and Concord. The treatment provided by our chiropractors will depend on the cause and severity of your back pain. For example, a person may be experiencing back pain that is due to a herniated disc. For instance, our approach would involve a different technique than it would for those suffering from pain related to a car accident.
The Causes of Back Pain
Even with testing, sometimes it’s difficult to determine a cause for back pain but there are some common sources. Here are some conditions that are linked to back pain:
- Muscle strain: Constant heavy lifting or an awkward movement can cause back muscles to be strained. Muscle spasms can also occur from constant back strain.
- Ruptured or bulging discs: The soft material within a disk can rupture or bulge. They can even press on the nerves resulting in back pain. It is also possible to have a ruptured disk without experiencing back pain.
- Arthritis: Lower back pain can also be caused by osteoarthritis. Some people have osteoarthritis in their spine which can cause the spinal cord to have a narrowing space around it.
- Osteoporosis: Compression fractures can develop on your spine’s vertebrae which are caused by brittle bones.
- Skeletal irregularities: Scoliosis is a medical condition that causes your spine to curve to the side which can result in back pain.
A Chiropractor Can Help With Back Pain
Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to provide back pain relief to their patients. The main goal is to make sure that your spine is properly aligned. You may be given tips for a diet change and even some nutritional supplements that can help. Chiropractors also give their patients electrical stimulation and hot and cold packs that are highly effective for back pain treatment. Therapy can also involve sugar water injections anesthetics which can help with strengthening the ligaments in the back.
Make an Appointment for Back Pain Relief
Visit our chiropractor if you are dealing with back pain that needs immediate treatment. Our team of specialized chiropractors at Love Chiropractic Center in Concord and Harrisburg can provide a drug-free, natural back pain treatment that will give you the relief you deserve. Call us today at our Concord office at (704) 784-1711 or our Harrisburg office at (704) 455-1711 to schedule your appointment.